I'm always looking for creative ways to get vegies into my kids diet, so for lunch today I made these yummy corn and celery fritters - my three gobbled them all up and asked for more!
(makes 12 fritters)
+ 3 corn cobs
+ 3 celery sticks
+ 2 eggs
+ 1/2 cup milk
+ 1 teaspoon ground paprika
+ 1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning
+ 1 cup self raising flour
+ canola or olive oil
+ coriander leaves
+ sweet chilli sauce (to serve)
1. remove husks and cut corn kernels from the cob and chop celery into small pieces (cubes approx. 1cm) and place into a bowl
2. sprinkle corn mixture with paprika and all purpose seasoning
3. break eggs into corn mixture and combine well
4. add milk to corn mixture and mix well
5. sift flour into another bowl and create a well in the centre. Add the corn mixture to the flour and combine well.
6. cover the base of a frypan with oil and heat on high. Spoon dessert spoons full of mixture into the pan and fry each side until golden.
7. finish with coriander leaves and a sprinkle of ground paprika and serve with sweet chilli sauce