We've compiled a list of our readers favourite designer & maker shops from throughout Australia - and asked them each to suggest a few last minute gifts!!
Here the first five - Blackbird Corner, Handmade Highstreet, Hey Maker!, The Lovely Bird & Sew Make Create.
Keep an eye out...we'll be posting more throughout the day! x
1. blackbird corner | Cooks Hill, NSW
Blackbird Corner is a little corner store full to the brim with handmade wares designed and made by lovely Independent Australian Designers. We try to be Newcastle's exclusive stockists of the ranges we sell. We also offer a great range of giftware, stationery and Indy Australian magazines + LOMOGRAPHY Cameras.
Lovely last minute gift ideas from three of my lovely makers:
1. Pirdy hand poured & coloured ceramic bunny ornaments - $22 each
2. Huge range of Blossom and Cat earrings - prices range from $12 - $18 a pair
3. A variety of Whiskers Lane Scented Soywax teacup candles prices range from $26 - $30
70 Darby Street
Cooks Hill NSW 2300
02 4929 4350
2. handmade highstreet | Annerley, QLD
short blurb - This shop supports good quality, handmade and beautiful products made by local artisans. Our aim is to give customers a way to access this merchandise in a physical environment and to give contributors a financially viable option for selling.
1. Each To Own Summer Bright Studs $18 pair2. Julie's Little People softies $40 ea
3. Knot Another Etsy Store crochet cactus $25 medium
1/466 Ipswich Rd,
Annerley (in Annerely Junction)
phone - 0432 307 300
3. hey maker! | Murwillumbah, NSW
Hey Maker! is a Pop-Up Shop based in beautiful art-deco Murwillumbah in Northern NSW. Our aim is to take vacant shops and transform them into new creative spaces. We stock handcrafted, locally made, beautifully crafted pieces ranging from art prints, ceramics, hand printed fabrics, homewares, accessories, bags & purses, hand bound letter press books, amazing jewellery - silver work, pieces made from broken skateboard decks, glass work, brooches and even teeny tiny hand stitched books on necklaces!
2. Ceramic pin cushions and wrapped vessel by Belinda Smith from $39, porcelain ware by Pinky & Maurice from $28.
3. Recycled Skateboard Bracelets $21
Hey Maker! Workroom + Pop-Up Shop
Shop 4 / 15 Commercial Road, Murwillumbah, NSW, 2484
ph - Ellie 0413515015
4. the lovely bird | Maroochydore, QLD
The Lovely Bird located at Cotton Tree, on the Sunshine Coast is a quirky and unique gift shop, that proudly stocks an eclectic mix of gorgeous gifts - stationery, books, magazines, cards, twine, washi tape, bunting, jewellery, vintage finds, pencil cases, notebooks, pens, stamps, homewares and all sorts of unique finds. Proudly supporting unique and handmade products from all over the world.
2. Wire Birdcage & Felt Bird $45 made by me!
3. Tiny Crocheted Tea Cup Set $30 locally made by a sweet old lady
The Lovely Bird
Shop 2/45 The Esplanade
Maroochydore Qld 4558
5. sew make create | Chippendale, NSW
Sew Make Create is a workshop and retail space running casual, creative classes and social events for children and adults. Workshop classes teach a range of design, art and craft skills like sewing and crochet. Customers are also welcome to use the space to work on their own personal projects or hire a sewing machine on an hourly basis. The Sew Make Create shop is a showcase of work by local Designers and Artists, selling Australian made products including accessory, art and homewares.
2. Fabric wallets made from vintage and recycled fabrics by Melissa Tan - $45
3. Handmade clay bead necklaces by Ena and Albert - $50
Sew Make Create
8 Shepherd St, Chippendale, NSW, 2008
Phone 02 8034 8675